Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Pillows are a great way to decorate a room with little commitment from your wallet.  We have some pillows in Adeline's room and our living room that are ready to be replaced, so I've been scouring the internet for ideas.  The fabric and button combination about are already a favorite and would add a modern touch to Adeline's nursery. 

To go more with the nursery feel, I found this fabric "set" and love it for Adeline.  I am still undecided as to whether it fits the theme in her room, but I think it is cute none the less.


Our living room is a whole other beast.  It has (beautiful) tall ceilings, rich tan and orange colors with (oooold) cream walls, and loads of furniture because it doubles as an office and triples as a dining room.  I am toying with sticking to the orange and reds or possibly branching out with some blues and greens.  Here are some ideas



Still deciding, but I think this is a good start!  What kind of pillows do you have?

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I am TOTALLY in the market for new pillows! I love linen, and I love a good chevron pattern these days. Is making a pillow to hard for my first sewing lesson?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely thinking about making a/some pillows for our bedroom. The ones we have now were mine from college and some have deep pink stripes...not Dane's fav needless to say. :) I think I'd like to go with a green/blue fabric. Any suggestions for places to purchase fabric online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Pillows are SUPER easy to make! Pillow covers are even easier. Pillows make a great "first project", so come on over!

    Amanda, Etsy has a really wide selection of fabric and good prices because it's pretty competitive for fabric sellers. You'll mainly find designer cottons & home decor, as well as some nice linen (I love the Japanese linen fabrics!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good taste. I like all of these! I adore that fabric set for the nursery. The animal pattern is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are great!

    When it comes to pillows, I have sooo many favorites, but they all don't match - hehehehe. I like the French burlap look, but I also like the bright, fun, florals... that's why I have plain boring ones right now - i need to make up my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!