Friday, October 28, 2011

My fabric stacks--and my to-do list--keep growing

I spent a bit of time playing with my fabrics recently and I ended up with quite a few fabric stacks that I think would each make an amazing quilt.  The top left is actually two stacks, so represented here are 7 quilts!  I have designs laid out for a few and am still contemplating the others.  The problem is, the design light bulb usually comes on sometime well after midnight when I am dead asleep.


The blue strips on the bottom are binding for one that is all but finished, and the red/blue/tan strips are backing pieces for the quilt I gave you a little peak at earlier this week.  The big pile on the bottom is the same as the second photo.  It's a "secret quilt," so you won't hear or see much more about that for several months.  {sorry!}  The others are just ideas at this point.


And, as if I needed my To Do list to grow, I'm also trying to come up with ideas for a quilt for my younger sister who is going to be graduating in December!  She said she likes either the 1920s and 1930s reproductions or Gray/Yellow combinations.  This is the first audition for a set of Gray/Yellow fabrics but I'm not 100% convinced yet {the yellow circles and aqua dots are already feeling a bit too loud}. I do like this combo, but it really needs to be perfect for her!


{These are not exact, but I did my best to list all of the fabrics below in case you are interested.  All were found in various Etsy shops.

Top Row: Amy Butler Midwest Modern Floating Buds in Gray; Heather Ross Far Far Away II Rose Garden Gray; Robert Kaufman Metro Ring Dots Marigold
Second Row: Alexander Henry Boule in Gray; Erin McMorris Weekends Go By Bike Gray; Random Home Decor Chevron Print
Third Row: Art Gallery Fabric Modern Affair Dim Fusion Yellow Leaf on Gray; Monoluna Beach Mod Medium Dot in Mineral; Joel Dewberry Heirloom Marbled Stripe
Fourth Row: Bonnie and Camille Ruby Dainty in Gray; Unknown Decorative Diamonds Fabric; Amy Butler Midwest Modern Optic Blossom in Linen


Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!