Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Work in Progress: Della's quilt

Well I made up my mind regarding Della's quilt. The ginormous baby-troll-sized quilt which I love is going to remain unfinished for now. I do plan to keep the fabrics and finish it, but realistically it will not happen until after I finish my Christmas presents.


For now, I am making Elizabeth Hartman's (Oh, Fransson) Charm Squares baby quilt with fabrics from my all time favorite fabric collection: Heather Bailey's Freshcut.  I have all the strips together and plan to sew the sashing and possibly cut the binding tonight. My goal is to finish this one this weekend.


I have really been intimidated by quilting since I began to sew, but Elizabeth does such a great job on her blog and in her patterns of breaking down all the steps to make it seem like someone could actually finish the quilt. I have only been working on this one hour at a time, but it's such a simple pattern that one hour allows for a lot to be accomplished.

Elizabeth just released a book which is on my wish list, and I'm having a hard time not just buying it for myself.  I'm really trying to get by with less though, and the holiday gift giving season is just around the corner. Oh, self control is so difficult in such cases!

As I begin to finally enjoy taking a break from the shop, I am realizing just how busy I was! I really needed an all out stop, and as you can tell from some previous posts it is giving me a chance to reflect and breath in the life around me. I hope you don't mind me sharing that with you as it is all part of the same journey I have been on and continue to walk.  Thanks to those of you who have been interacting and leaving such wonderful comments.  I think all bloggers say this, and it's true: I love your comments!  I also love to respond, and if you leave your email address, I will do my best to do so.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great start on the quilt! I like the fabrics you picked out. I didn't know about that book, but I'm glad you mentioned it because I added it to my Amazon wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean about being intimidated by quilting. I'd love to try and probably will one day soon but I'm clueless as to where to start. I'll definitely check out the link you posted. Btw, I love the fabric you've chosen for her quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!