Monday, June 28, 2010

A few new fabric sources

If you spend any amount of time browsing through the kids clothing on Etsy, you'll notice a common theme:  Most folks use the same fabric because most folks buy it from the same few sources.  Unless you live somewhere with a great fabric sales district and most of us don't!, you're going to be shopping online or in the box stores, where everyone else shops. 
As I consider ways to make my shop stand out against the hundreds thousands? of others, I'm always looking for new places to buy my fabric without raising my costs significantly.  I recently signed up for a co-op where I can shop for myself rather than buying what others have decided they want to sell, and I also have been finding alternative sources of fabric like good condition sheets from the thrift store as in this dress. {Spoiler Alert: I'm going to start a few new lines at the end of the summer with the fabrics from the co-op!}
As far as online shops go, I just found SaffronCraig via Fat Quarterly.  I like the use of both bold and soft color palettes by this Australian company...take a look at some of their goodies!
I also ran across also through Fat Quarterly! Hart Fabrics. They not only have all of the quilting weight cottons we all like to see, but they also have cotton voile and lawns, canvas, twill, organics, home decor, oil cloth, vinyl coated, and much more!  The best part is that most of the fabrics are still pretty modern.  I don't have a picture because Picnik is being funky you need to go see for yourself!
Where do you like to purchase supplies??

update: After scheduling this post, I saw that Meg from Sew Liberated posted a whole list of places to get knit fabrics!  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I like fabric.Your fabric design your better.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!