Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lookie what I won!

First, let me say I love  getting mail.  My hubby often jokes about how eager I am to check the mail.  It doesn't even have to be something big and exciting; I just like to have something show up in my mailbox!  Of course when I do receive something exciting, it is that much better.

So last night when I got home from work there was a large, unopened, yellow envelope sitting on the table.  That could only mean one thing: I got a present!  I checked the return address, and it said Robert Kaufman.  Wait!  I didn't order anything.  Oh man, I am going to be in big trouble if I bought something and already forgot what it was.  Then I remembered, I won a giveaway last month on the Purl Bee!  Yipee!


I won the newest edition of Kona's Cotton Solids Color Card!  I will admit that this is something I would not have bought on my own (I'm not a quilter, and sewing is not my full time job, so I don't think I could have justified it). However, now that I have it, I am thrilled!  Adeline was sitting on my lap when I opened it, and she loved all of the colors too.  She squealed for a few minutes with the joy of just looking at it!



I have several projects lined up already, including Adeline's birthday quilt, that this will be really handy for.  I am sure I will find plenty of other excuses to use it as well!  And, maybe this is a sign that I should buckle down and do a little more quilting.  or not.  Regardless of my quilting tendencies, I want to say Thank You to the Purl Bee and Robert Kaufman/Kona for sponsoring this giveaway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!