Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm feeling a little biased.

sorry, I couldn't help myself with the title.

In all seriousness though, why didn't I think of this?!  I rarely use bias tape because (1) I don't really know what I'm doing and (2) I think the solid colors can be pretty boring.  Claire from Heart Handmade posted a link to a UK shop that had gorgeous rolls of bias tape. I started looking to see if they were sold stateside but I did not get deep into looking  because I got distracted by this:

Handmade Bias Binding on Etsy.


You can find these sets here:
1. Shasta Creations 
2. Color Funky 
3. 32 Degrees North Supplies 
4. Polly Danger Notions 

Brilliant!  I have made bias binding for various projects with printed fabric but never thought about making it for others!  I am not ready to start rolling out a bunch of new binding, but I am now inspired to bust out my fabric stash and make some for myself!

I will be working on a sun hat for Adeline this weekend and think I will include a little bias tape of my own.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I do not even know what bias tape is, but it sounds fun! I want to learn to sew. Would you like to teach me?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! come on over and I'll show you some bias tape and how to use the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful
    I love your blog! Following!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!