Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Sewing Plans

I had lofty plans for a free Monday evening--mainly to finish my block for Pam that really should have been in the mail Monday morning.  However, Della had other ideas.  Our usual 15 bedtime routine took 2 hours.Not only did my sewing plans go out the window, but so did any cleaning, eating, etc. That's okay though because I got in some quality cuddle time with my little girl (which is becoming increasingly difficult with a growing belly).

I still need to re-make Pam's block, and then I get to make the April blocks--both of which I'm excited about.

Lindsey is asking for a wonky star using any combination of teal, orange, and/or white.  I need to check my stash, but I have a fair idea of what I'll be using for this one already.

Hilary is going for a block I was hoping someone would do during the bee: an improvised flower block using the neutral background fabric she is sending and just about any bright colored fabrics.  I really like the quilts I have seen where each block is a totally unique interpretation of "flower", "tree", "house", etc.  Hilary put together a really good inspiration set on Flickr for us, and I chose my favorites and added them to an Improv Flower Gallery.







My other April sewing plans include finishing the Kitchen Windows quilt (all the blocks are now finished!), making a dress for Della, and starting a quilt for my older sister's graduation/birthday!  If I'm really ambitious, or just need a simple project, I may make up a few more napkin sets for one of our local shops I've badly neglected lately. 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these images! We must get together and sew soon. I'm thinking next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!