I think peonies are a beautiful balance of bold and delicate, very feminine. The color combination is superb here as well. So I started looking through some fabrics with similar colors (I love the color finder tool on the HT website!) and I came up with this little combination~
1. Harajuku Peony in Brite, Alexander Henry
2. Zen Garden in Gray, Patty Young for Michael Miller
3. Free Spirit Designer Solid in Crystal
4. Four Square in Lilac, Anna Mariah Horner for Westminster/Free Spirit (voile)
5. Peeking Polka Dot in Gray, Laura Gunn for Michael Miller
6. Blue Bell in Nude, Alexander Henry (voile)
7*. Dangling Ovals in Poetry, Patricia Bravo Art Gallery
I'm not entirely sold on #7, but from the selections at HT, this was a favorite. I also like this foliage print as well as this "unknown" from my last MSQB block.
I haven't added anything to my cart, but I'm seriously considering it. I have two quilt patterns that I have been wanting to make for a while, so I would use it for one of these (sources for images pasted below each).
Kitchen Windows Quilt from The Practical Guide to Patchwork
What do you all think? Do you like the color/print combination? Do you have a preference for which quilt pattern they would look best in? Do you think I should scrap this and start over? I need a little help making up my mind!