Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dress a Girl Around the World Reminder

Last week I told you I was going to participate in the Dress a Girl Around the World Sew Along. That is in full swing now, and it's not too late for you to join too! You can find a super easy (read: MAX 2 hour project) Pillowcase Dress Tutorial to help you, and if you want to make a smaller or larger size, you can check out these measurements

I finished my dress Monday night but haven't been able to get photos yet, so I'm going to share some of my favorites from the Flickr Pool of finished dresses.



Are you participating in this or another charity-type sewing group? I know there are so many charities and ways to use your sewing skills to benefit others.  Our church also makes dresses for an orphanage in Ghana, and I am constantly seeing calls for quilts to be made for orphans, soldiers, or those harmed by various tragedies around the world. 

Photobucket