Wednesday, June 8, 2011

W.I.P Wednesday: Kitchen Accessories!

Up until a month or so ago, I was not expecting to be making new kitchen accessories in this house, but here we are for an indefinite period, and I'm thankful for all the charm of an old kitchen to hang new goods.  I've started what will probably be a long process of making little things here and there between the bigger projects to spice up my own kitchen (no swaps for me at this point in pregnancy!).


Most of the fabrics I plan to use are from Alexander Henry's Farmdale line, but I'm sneaking in a few others as well including a piece of Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow and something from Anna Griffin (can't remember the print!) along the edge.

I'm also working on pulling all the stitches out of my sister's quilt so I can send it off to a pro; I need to commit one night and just do it. This is the worst kind of progress to have to make though!  I have all the fabric for the Kitchen Windows Quilt and need to finish putting that together, and if time and heat and energy permit, I'll be making one more quilt before baby comes in August.  And of course, I have one more Bee block to finish this month as well!  So plenty to be working on.

I'm linking up today with the Freshly Piece Work in Progress Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love it!! I sooo want the Farmdale line but I'm trying to save my pennies. lol! Temptation is so hard sometimes! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubbie was just telling me the other day I needed to make something that we actually KEEP in our house and not give away. Kitchen stuff! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...I want to make one just like yours...seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roosters were just made to be on potholders, weren't they? : ) Yours are so, so, SO cute. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to link up your potholders (which are so cute) to Needle and Spatula's Bloggers Dinner Party (google it to find it!)

    I had to "unpick" stitches from a quilt once to send it to a pro, just do it, it will feel so good to have that chore done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric on the pot holders is so cute! I want some. I have an idea, instead of having a baby while I am visiting, you could go on a sewing spree while I take Adeline swimming, to the park and other fun places.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!