When I started the Modern Stash Quilting Bee, Sara was one of my blog friends who I really hoped would join, and she did. I knew she could be counted on for great style, impeccable skill, and choosing a challenging and creative block. Little did I know just how right I was!
In May, Sara asked everyone to make a Cathedral Windows block using blue and green. This is one of those blocks I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I never would have tried on my own. Sara posted a few tips of her own, and we used the tutorials she linked to in her post to make the block.
Mine came out right on the first try--not something I have been able to say for all my blocks! I really enjoyed making this block, and it is one I could see myself making again. The only thing I did differently was to use pins to secure the printed fabric to the white when making my window frames because I didn't have any glue.
oops! I hit "publish" a few minutes too soon, so my links weren't active yet. I've updated them and hopefully you'll get the "live" version.