Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mod Sampler Quilt, Parisville Edition

My sister's quilt is finally finished!  She received it yesterday after my mom flew home from two weeks of taking care of us.  My mom actually helped with stitching the binding on the back; if she had not done that, I would still have the quilt in my possession.


When I took pictures, I did not know that my lens had fogged up from the humidity!  Hence the foggy-lens look.


I used the Mod Sampler quilt pattern from Oh, Fransson!.  If you're looking for a fairly easy lap-sized quilt, this is a good one to use.  The directions are very straight-forward, and it's nice to have six different styles of blocks to work with.  I felt like that provided enough repetition to find efficient ways to make the block sets, but there was also enough variety that making the blocks didn't get boring.


The fabrics are from Tula Pink's Parisville collection mixed with Kona solids.


I quilted this on the long arm machine with lots of loopdy-loos.  My favorite part was writing my sister's name in the sashing.

I'm so glad that this is now out of my hands and in my sister's.  I made this as a graduation gift for her.  She just finished her B.A.--going to school full time and working full time.  If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is.  I'm super proud of her and am so glad I was able to give a gift like this.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It was a privilege to be a part of finishing the quilt. Your work is so creative and high quality I feel honored to be a part of the project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!