Thursday, May 24, 2012

Handstitching and Catching Up

Question: What do you do when you take care of a toddler and a baby during the day, work a few hours a week on odd jobs, have two big sewing projects to complete and still have 5 minutes of free time left over?!
Answer: You sign up for a class to learn how to do something you have wanted to do for a long time!

Handstitched Class
 
We don't need to go into the insanity that is my life. It's just an established fact. Sewing brings some form of peace to it all for me. So, I am taking the Handstitched Class being offered by Rachel at Stitched in Color! I got my student kit today and am happy just looking at these colors. {Of course, I'll be even happier knowing what to actually do with all that!}


I've been really busy sewing up 150 napkins for a wedding and am so close to having those finished. That's taken up most of my sewing time, but I'm finally getting a new routine down that includes some sewing time.  I even took some pictures to share with you on how to simplify things when sewing 150 napkins.

There is also a new quilt in the works.  A friend's mom has asked me to make one for her! I've been wanting to use the Garden Fence pattern for a while and am so glad she chose it out of all the patterns and ideas I presented. More on that when I decide whether to stick with the Crosshatch fabric I ordered or spring for some Summersville to add to the stack!

So in Arizona we don't do the whole Daylight Savings Time thing which means the sun is up before my alarm goes off at 5:45 a.m. and unfortunately that means my daughters are up extra early now too. The good news? Extra long naps! But I can hear them waking up, so Happy Memorial Day Weekend to my U.S. friends!

 Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the Garden Fence and hand-stitching!

    I'm not a hand-stitcher... carpal tunnel. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking about you the other day! if you want insanity, we've got plenty of it over here in our neck of the woods. :) um, so, about your daughter waking up early? you really need to check out the "ok to wake" clock on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Wake-Childrens-Alarm-Clock-Nightlight/dp/B002RNKOM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337899946&sr=8-1

    it's $30, which seems expensive, but we've been using it every day for two years now, and i couldn't be happier with it. turns green for the time of morning that it's okay for them to get up at. it even has a nap setting, where you set the amount of time, as opposed to the actual time, and it turns green for that, too. it's seriously genius. the kids think it's cool, because they can't wait to see it turn green. i got it when my oldest was getting up WAY too early for me. i set it for 7 am now, and 2 hours and 15 minutes for the nap. she's not always sleeping, but at least she's quiet in her room until the clock turns green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you again! :) I wish we could sew together....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you really good at doing something like this, full of talent in a words, so if you add a Women pumps shoes and true Women leather shoes at http://www.cwmalls.com can be really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author of the article is very well. Very cool, different idea.I love it. A very good,and so beautiful.Should be a lot of people will like A.What a great find! I LOVE this blog.you can find more beatiful in
    www.everbuying.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!