Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I am still here!

I'm alive!  We've all been sick or fighting off the germs so as not to get sick the last week or so.

The last four and a half years of our lives are culminating with my hubby's graduation this Friday (he will have a Masters of Divinity) and we have lots of family coming in town for the big event.  It would be a gross understatement to simply say I am excited.  It is so nice already to just be able to do normal things like go to the store together or watch TV without feeling like he should be reading or writing a paper.  It is not only exciting, it is also a relief and a huge sense of accomplishment.  We have spent our entire married life in seminary, so it's going to be quite a (wonderful) adjustment to not have that be in the picture.

The Modern Stash Quilting Bee is officially full, and I cannot tell you how excited I am about all of the talent that is represented in this group of 12 ladies.  It's going to be a fun six months!!  I'm thinking that I will do a Bento Box Quilt when it's my turn to host.

This is the first in four and a half years of marriage that I am doing Christmas cards.  We enjoyed taking the pictures, but it was really difficult to choose which one to use.  This is the one I wish I had used but didn't, so you all get to see it here.  Also if you need cards of any type, Good Frau on Etsy is where we got ours. The service and quality are both really good!


So with all of that going on (especially the family in town and graduation events), you may not hear from me until next week.  I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks for reading Irene Design! I try to reply to every comment, and if you have a specific question please be sure you include your email or have it enabled on your Blogger profile. Happy Sewing!